ending IVA early?

Options
Good Afternoon,

I am in an IVA with creditfix and have 4 more payments to go, at the middle of March I will be able to pay off the remaining 3 months in one go (£579).  Do I have to ring them or can I pay using the "make payment" button in the app, or would this be classed as extra payment.

many thanks
sealed pot challange 5 member 1478 £0/£200
debt payments £0/£4505
debt free date 01.03.2014
weight loss 7lbs/126lbs

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,514 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I think it's best just to complete the IVA and not complicate things with an extra payment.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Your agreed arrangement is to make monthly payments to the IVA until completed.

It is not to make monthly payments until 4 months from the end of the arrangement, then pay a lump sum.

Stick to the arrangement, don`t make things complicated for yourself.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • lesleyvhalifax
    lesleyvhalifax Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ok thank you just feel this last stretch is taking forever
    sealed pot challange 5 member 1478 £0/£200
    debt payments £0/£4505
    debt free date 01.03.2014
    weight loss 7lbs/126lbs
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories