IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Multiple tickets :(

Hello all,

I’ve had a read of this forum which has helped me understand a fair bit, but would really appreciate if someone could tell me if I’m on the right track?

I have 4 fines potentially on the way from NCP, an ANPR operated car park. I usually pay on the app called ‘PayByPhone’.  No tickets have been placed on my windscreen. 

I forgot to pay on the app at the time, but paid them all within 24hrs of leaving the car park. 

I see there is a way to pay for parking later if it’s within 24hrs. But I paid on the app and not using this specific service? So I’m unsure if this will work. The fourth ticket wasn’t even for the correct day as it was the next morning I purchased it, but thought it might help anyway. 

The tickets are over 14 days old. 

Does this mean that NCP can no longer hold the keeper liable, and must prove who the driver was? Is purchasing tickets proof of who the driver was? Will the one size fits all response on the noobie section do me justice here? Please help me :) 

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,413
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes, no, yes. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,318
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    They're not fines.  And they have no way to tell who was driving unless you tell them (which you shouldn't do).

Don't panic if nothing has been received.  I believe they have 14 days to send something to you and then you can come back and get better answers to your questions.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • I was not expecting responses so fast, thanks people! This forum is great :D 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback