Cancel an eBay GSP sale?

Anything special about doing this?
Buyer made an offer of £10 on one item (I had 4 listed at £12.50 each) 
I accepted,  they paid then messaged me instantly saying 
"I wanted to buy all 4 items but the system would only let me buy one, can you invoice me for them all at the agreed price"

Firstly,  I don't think I can send an invoice for 4 of them, especially as they have already paid for the one.

Secondly,  I'm thinking they actually only wanted to offer me £10 for all 4 items?

I'm planning just to cancel/refund and then relist as a lot of 4 at £40 and send them the item number for that.

I guess if I do that the buyer will get a full refund from ebay? Ie, all the gsp fees, vat etc refunded?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,909
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    se2020 said:
    Anything special about doing this?
    Buyer made an offer of £10 on one item (I had 4 listed at £12.50 each) 
    I accepted,  they paid then messaged me instantly saying 
    "I wanted to buy all 4 items but the system would only let me buy one, can you invoice me for them all at the agreed price"

Firstly,  I don't think I can send an invoice for 4 of them, especially as they have already paid for the one.

Secondly,  I'm thinking they actually only wanted to offer me £10 for all 4 items?

I'm planning just to cancel/refund and then relist as a lot of 4 at £40 and send them the item number for that.

I guess if I do that the buyer will get a full refund from ebay? Ie, all the gsp fees, vat etc refunded?

If you cancel with buyers permission then make sure you use the option of ‘buyer requested’ as you get your FVFs back (less 30p) that way and don’t get a seller warning. Buyer may well not re buy though as he will have paid a foreign conversion fee and is unlikely to get the same amount back, so will think he is out of pocket.

You are correct that sellers can’t send a combined invoice, or indeed any invoice at all for a GSP sale as it is handled by eBay who take the extra postage themselves to cover fully insured and tracked onward postage. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback