which dishwasher?

2»

Comments

• jonnydeppiwish!
    jonnydeppiwish! Posts: 1,188 Forumite
    First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I have a Samsung and I won’t ever buy one again. Bosch, Siemens or Miele (if I find a display!) every time
    2006 LBM £28,000+ in debt.
    2021 mortgage and debt free, working part time and living the dream
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,215 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Miele (if I find a display!) 
    You mean ex-display? Miele themselves sell ex-display and customer returns via their Outlet on their website which range from Grade A never used to Grade B3 which is something like over 500 hours use and possible minor cosmetic marks
  • jonnydeppiwish!
    jonnydeppiwish! Posts: 1,188 Forumite
    First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Miele (if I find a display!) 
    You mean ex-display? Miele themselves sell ex-display and customer returns via their Outlet on their website which range from Grade A never used to Grade B3 which is something like over 500 hours use and possible minor cosmetic marks
    Yep, sorry ex-display. Last one I bought from JL reduced £450 from £1300.
    2006 LBM £28,000+ in debt.
    2021 mortgage and debt free, working part time and living the dream
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Had a Bosch. Would not have another due to poor cleaning. Got a Miele. Now 2 years old and very pleased with it.
  • Mnoee
    Mnoee Posts: 811 Forumite
    Photogenic Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post
    I have a cheapie hotpoint (not integrated though) and have had no issues with its performance. I only use the eco wash (3.5 hours) with own brand tablets and rinse aid and virtually everything comes out clean and dry. Few things like pie dishes with burnt on bits might need a quick wash with a sponge -  but I'm not convinced a more expensive dishwasher would help as much as changing the program and/or detergent for more heavily soiled things. Where it's only a few bits every few weeks I'm fine as is. 

It doesn't have many bells and whistles, but it does the job. Choice of top cutlery shelf or bottom basket, you can move the top rack up and down, and fold down bits for bowls and large things. I don't know what else I'd need! Can't comment on longevity as it's less than a year old, but I've had other hotpoint appliances that have lasted well. 
  • pmartin86
    pmartin86 Posts: 754 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Interesting that Bosch is the only one mentioned so far - though with votes for and against!

My sister swears by her Neff, though only bought it because her kitchen fitters offered a deal on all Neff white goods.

Much cheaper than Bosch (or Neff) are Beko and hotpoint, but is it a question of 'you get what you pay for'? Or do the cheaper ones 'do the job' so worth considering?

I bought a Beko about 10 years ago, i think it was under 100 quid, it was a "That will do untill we remodel the kitchen" jobbie...It survived the remodel and has moved house since. Its got all the moden features like "wash" and, well..no thats it. It gets used about 4-5 times a week, it does the job, washes the dishes with only the odd item that needs a bit of extra attention. Other than cleaning the filters about once a month, the only maintainence ive done on it was repearing the clip on the detergent holder, think it was about £3 on ebay. Just because its cheap, doesnt always mean bad.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback