PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Arranging viewings a challenge

I am finding it challenging to get viewings, despite being proceedable as SSTC.  One vendor refused last weekend, and this one but can do the 17th. The agent for another is full this weekend  ( not the property but their diary) but will see if the vendor will do viewings. Not heard back.  This happened last weekend as well.

The market isn't that hot as far as I aware. Really frustrating. Makes me wonder how serious they are

Comments

• NameUnavailable
    NameUnavailable Posts: 2,786
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If the vendor has asked the agent to do the viewings then you are obviously restricted to the agents availability and weekends are going to be busiest for them.

If the vendors are doing the viewings themselves then I guess it depends how quickly they want a buyer! If they're just looking themselves they may not feel it's urgent for you to see their home.
  • Scotbot
    Scotbot Posts: 1,415
    Forumite
    The agent selling my property did the viewings and had no problem fitting in Saturday viewings with a couple of days notice. I am relocating and the agent for a number of properties I am interested in seems to have a 2 week waiting list which I find strange given the current market. And annoying.
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,292
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm up north and the market does seem to be getting hotter in the last few weeks. Yesterday, I booked to view a property where the EA is showing round, and the earliest they can do is the 15th February. Another viewing with the vendor booked yesterday is tomorrow.

I think it's a combination of increased market activity and maybe a shortage of staff in EA. We went to view a property last week that's been on the market since July, and no offers according to the agent. We put a low offer in which was rejected and were mulling over a higher offer, only for the place to sell at asking price this week. There were some 35 properties in our area for sale a couple of weeks ago, and now there are less than 15. 
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,126
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Scotbot said:
    The agent selling my property did the viewings and had no problem fitting in Saturday viewings with a couple of days notice. I am relocating and the agent for a number of properties I am interested in seems to have a 2 week waiting list which I find strange given the current market. And annoying.
    Not so sure what the market is like where you are but the "current market" where we are certainly seems to be waking up again.

Property is selling much more quickly than it was before Christmas. Several properties which have hung around unsold for months are now under offer. New properties to the market seem to be selling quickly again as well.
  • mortgageFTB
    mortgageFTB Posts: 237
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes - the market has sped up quite considerably around the Peak District as of late. Seeing houses turning from For Sale to -> Sold within 1-2 weeks here atm.
  • Scotbot
    Scotbot Posts: 1,415
    Forumite
    Yes things are picking up here too (West Mids). Listed Sept, handful of viewings in Sept & Oct then nothing until 2 weeks ago. Now SSTC. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback