address issues

Options
I moved to a rural property about 9 months ago and immediately changed my address on everything including electoral roll.  The issue is that Royal Mail and most postcode lookups have a totally different address format - it has the name of the property in common and the postcode but that's it - the electoral roll format just has name of property, the 'lane' (which isn't even signposted or real), and then a city.  The Royal Mail and most other finders have the name of property, the hamlet it is in, the nearest town, the county and then the postcode.
this means on my checkmyfile, my accounts for phones, banks etc don't match up and looks like have two addresses.  Equifax and Crediva have finally marked me as on electoral roll but on a different format again.  Experian and Transunion still say I'm not on electoral roll despite repeatedly sending them the certificate from the council.  Now my bank and a store card I have have written to me saying that due to checks against the credit reference agency, they are withdrawing my balances with them as an audit has shown I am not registered at address.  Am at wits end.  If I amend everything to the credit referencing address, nothing finds me, and most I can't amend anyway as it uses the postcode finder on sites and when you report a new address where you put first line and postcode.
My credit score has massively dropped, and while that is a figure frequently commented on as pointless, I'm failing checks at first hurdle as says address does not match electoral roll/I', not registered with Experian or Transunion which most use.

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure