Length of Service after being tuped

Options
Can anyone advise what dates would be used when claiming redundancy after being Tuped over to new firm 4 years ago please?  Prior to this i worked for the same company for around 20 years.  I am being told that it is just from the date i tuped over to the new company but a friend was tuped over in his role and his length of service etc was continuous

Comments

• penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Tupe means your start date from the previous company. So 20 years
  • bms66
    bms66 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tupe means your start date from the previous company. So 20 years
    Thank you for coming back to me, this is what i understood too but previous employer has tried to say this is not the case.  Thank you again
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    First of all, are you sure TUPE applied? 

Secondly, why are your employers saying your start date was the date of transfer?

The main benefit of TUPE is the fact its continuous employment so your current employement would be 24 years.
  • EnPointe
    EnPointe Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 29 February at 7:44PM
    Options
    bms66 said:
    Can anyone advise what dates would be used when claiming redundancy after being Tuped over to new firm 4 years ago please?  Prior to this i worked for the same company for around 20 years.  I am being told that it is just from the date i tuped over to the new company but a friend was tuped over in his role and his length of service etc was continuous
    From the start date  with  the employer you  were TUPED from 

I've recently moved on from a  job with a large logistics company, we  were tuped from  a retailer to  the logistics company  2 and a bit years ago   

on the  HR system it had  'start date' as the TUPE day, but 'Service / Seniority date'  as  the  start  as perm for the retailers  and an ' has been TUPED'  flag 
  • bms66
    bms66 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses and advice.  Redundancy was confirmed as the full 20 years after querying it
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback