Home insurance no claims.

Options
Hi all I am just filling in a form for home insurance and it is asking about claims with my last insurance company. there is a scale 0 to 9+ years, I made a claim last year but previous to that claim I had never claimed in 40+ years. Do I go back to zero because of that claim.........TIA 

Comments

• 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, there isn't such a thing as protected no claims in home insurance. You are back to zero years since last claim.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    400ixl said:
    Yes, there isn't such a thing as protected no claims in home insurance. You are back to zero years since last claim.
    Actually there is @400ixl, Quote Me Happy for example offers one. https://help.quotemehappy.com/home-insurance/my-cover/can-i-protect-my-home-insurance-no-claim-discount/

shezza2 said:
    Hi all I am just filling in a form for home insurance and it is asking about claims with my last insurance company. there is a scale 0 to 9+ years, I made a claim last year but previous to that claim I had never claimed in 40+ years. Do I go back to zero because of that claim.........TIA 
    What is the actual question it's asking? Most home insurers don't operate a "NCD" and so ask you how many years has it been since your last claim in which case you'd have to enter 0 (or 1 depending on when the claim was relative to renewals etc) 

Some instead ask "how many years NCD do you have" which becomes more tricky to answer given most don't offer NCD but in principle could be 9+ had you been with one of the minority of insurers that allow you to protect the NCD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback