Help with contacting Citizens Advice for pip renewal

Options
Please help, I need to contact CA asap with help with my renewal, I rang them last week and was on the phone and hour and a half trying to get through, I'm in Bolton. Can anyone help me asap?? I tried to ring them to make an appointment and I can't get through. Please help

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,514 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    They say their phone number is 08082 787804 is that the one you are using? 10 - 4

Alternatively there is an out of hours service between 6 and 9pm. 01618 505053
  • sunshineD
    sunshineD Posts: 89 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you so much, you are a diamond 
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Post again if that doesn't work
  • sunshineD
    Options
    It doesn't work. I drove to Bury CAB yesterday and they said someone will ring me in the next five days. Driving home the phone rang but I couldn't take the call obviously as I was driving. I needed CAB to help me fill out my pip renewal but they said there is no money for them to do that but they can give advice. It's just so frustrating. I'm trying to ring them and can't get through. This is making me ill. I just can't get through to anyone 
  • sunshineD
    Options
    Huge difficulty contacting CAB, so frustrating 
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Well, it sounds like someone will ring you back now.

If they can't help you fill in the PIP form then they should know who can, in the area where you live and they work.

If you still need help, post on the benefits board. This one is to do with PPI reclaims. I just noticed your original post as a latest post and thought I might be able to help as I work for CA.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 February at 12:41PM
    Options
    Have they stopped doing the telephone interviews now?

The assessor completed the form for you, and sent you a copy to OK.

Its important to say how your condition affects you in everyday life, its not so much what ailment you have, but how it affects your day to day activities, such as dressing, going to the bathroom/toilet, cooking and preparing meals etc.

There are plenty of websites who offer help with the form filling, how to word your answers correctly to match the descriptors, the form itself is not difficult to navigate, but you are faced with a lot of multiple choice answers.

Read it through very carefully, and match the descriptor on the form to what most closely resembles your situation, it is surprisingly easy when you get the hang of it, why not give it a try, or see if you can get a friend to help you fill it in.

Sadly CA appear far too busy these days to give much in the way of one to one advice.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback