Online Passport Photo Booths - Any good ?

Options
We have to get new passport photos taken and have been looking around at the prices, everything from £9-£12.   I have found some online that seem very cheap, for two £4.80.   Can you trust these sites to get it right and will it get passed?   What are people's experiences?

Comments

• 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,915 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If for a passport, just take your own using your phone. No need to pay anyone anything if you are applying online.
  • Leodogger
    Leodogger Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    400ixl said:
    If for a passport, just take your own using your phone. No need to pay anyone anything if you are applying online.
    I need a colour photo in colour to be presented and stuck to a Visa Application with the proper proportions like you get in a photo booth.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,575 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    To avoid hassle in the situation stated, I would use a photo booth.
  • Magnolia
    Magnolia Posts: 1,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I used my phone to take a photo.  Cropped it to the right size and just uploaded it.  Not a problem.

Mags - who loves shopping
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,971 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Leodogger said:
    400ixl said:
    I need a colour photo in colour to be presented and stuck to a Visa Application with the proper proportions like you get in a photo booth.
    Make sure you know the correct dimensions, not all use the UK Passport dimensions... India had a different size requirement the last time we had to get one. 

I'm fairly sure when the Mrs used a photobooth it asked her what she was needing the photo for with options for different countries etc to ensure its the right size/proportions. 

If you've got a proper home photo printer and are comfortable with using the imaging software to ensure the print is the right dimensions and ratios then you can do it at home. If not then I'd just go to a Photo Booth and not risk using an online printer to try and save a little which could be nothing more than someone like me at home printing the photos off. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback