Buyer filed payment dispute with bank for authenticated bag - help

Any advice?  I sold a Valentino bag which I had purchased the previous year from Ebay using their authentication service.  I relisted the bag, however the purchaser has filed a dispute with their payment source saying the bag is counterfeit.  Ebay said I have to wait 2-8 weeks for the bank to respond, but we all know in these cases that banks side with the buyer.  The buyer has refused to respond to my messages to return the item to me.  If I dont get the money or the bag back - what can I do?  It was a very expensive bag.  I suspect the buyer wants it free.  Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,001
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    smallon said:
    Any advice?  I sold a Valentino bag which I had purchased the previous year from Ebay using their authentication service.  I relisted the bag, however the purchaser has filed a dispute with their payment source saying the bag is counterfeit.  Ebay said I have to wait 2-8 weeks for the bank to respond, but we all know in these cases that banks side with the buyer.  The buyer has refused to respond to my messages to return the item to me.  If I dont get the money or the bag back - what can I do?  It was a very expensive bag.  I suspect the buyer wants it free.  Any help is appreciated.
    When you re-sold it, did it also go via eBay's authentication service? If it did, then you already have the proof from eBay that the bag is authentic. 

If it didn't then you're going to need some sort of proof of authenticity. Have you got the original authenticity document from when you bought it, or at the very least eBay's certificate or whatever they issue saying it's genuine?

Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • bluelad1927
    bluelad1927 Posts: 294
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 1 February at 1:53PM
    pinkshoes said:
    smallon said:
    When you re-sold it, did it also go via eBay's authentication service? If it did, then you already have the proof from eBay that the bag is authentic. 

If it didn't then you're going to need some sort of proof of authenticity. Have you got the original authenticity document from when you bought it, or at the very least eBay's certificate or whatever they issue saying it's genuine?

I would think that previous authentification is worthless as the buyer could easily dispute that the bag that they have received now is not the authenticated one.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 13,534
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    smallon said:
    Only if they have proof it is fake, so that would have to either come from manufacture or brand holder.
    Life in the slow lane
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure