Never received original PCN , now have Debt recovery plus letters
I have received a letter from Debt recovery company for non payment of penalty charge notice sent from EURO car parts. The notice was related to an event happened on 17 /11 /23.
I then contacted the Debt receovery plus and they mentioned if you will pay it today, I have to pay 145 GBP.
-First of all I never received any PCN since 17/11/23 from Eurocar parts.
- Debt recovery emailed me the PCN with evidence and the actual penalty was of 100gbp and if I would have paid within 14 days It would have costed me 60.
DRC made me aware that she can’t do anything as I have to contact Euro car parts/Royal Mail and take the matter to them and pay the amount to us.
Instead of 60 gbp now I am asked to pay 145 gbp to Debt recovery.
I am not denying to pay the fine (60) but I can't contact anyone in ECP.
First I didn’t receive the PCN and then I lost my right to appeal and the opportunity to reduce my penalty.
Please advise on next steps/options with possible financial outflows and whom should I contact?
- All Categories
- 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.1K Spending & Discounts
- 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.3K Life & Family
- 246.4K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards