Hobbycraft sewing machines - compatible foot pedals?

Options
UncleJoes
UncleJoes Posts: 30 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 31 January at 2:57PM in Crafting
I recently bought a Hobbycraft 12s machine but it has a tiny, flimsy foot pedal. I have been trying to find another one I can use but it is impossible to know what is compatible. I finally got some info (not from Hobbycraft who won't say) that Silver Viscount make the Hobbycraft machines.  Hobbycraft can't even give me the right technical info on the type of jack / connector on the machine, so I can ask pedal retailers if what they have is compatible. Foot peals aren't cheap so I don't want to have to just buy some, see what works and return the rest. Does anyone know if Silver foot pedals will work, or if any others with a jack connection would work? I have also been looking at foot pedals from other contexts like tattoo ones, but no idea if they will work.

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    have you got an image of the current jack?

Pedals appear to be fairly universal, there are some sold as universal, so it all comes down to the connector being the right shape. The fully universal one doesn't come with a cable so you have to recycle the old one and connect it up to the peddle. 
  • UncleJoes
    Options

It seems to be 3mm wide at the base, and 14mm long, with one black band. I spoke to someone at Silver and they aid the pedal I was looking at of theirs wouldn't fit as the jack was larger than the hole in my machine it goes into.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    These ones looks similar, no guarantee the peddle is any better though https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sharplace-Control-Electric-Machines-Operated/dp/B09FQ44W47/ref=asc_df_B09FQ44W47/ and https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CZVGQXQ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4

If there is a sticker on the bottom or lead edge it may give more details of the voltage and amperage its to operate with and match it to a third party one. 
  • UncleJoes
    Options
    Thank you, the Sharplace one is the exact one I have which is too small and flimsy. There is a sticker on the bottom but all it says is 'QC passed (1). Made in China'. However, the Amazon page does say it's suitable for 6V machines, so I probably need a pedal with the same voltage.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback