Airbnb

Options
Hello all, I am looking to book an Airbnb property in Germany in June. The house I am interested in is a " New " listing so does not have any reviews. The host has been on airbnb for 2 years. I have always checked reviews when booking on this site and have so far been great.Any ideas on what further checks I could do ?

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,521 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jiminrio said:
    The host has been on airbnb for 2 years
    Do they have reviews from other properties?
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is the property listed elsewhere? As @eskbanker has said, do they let other property? Also have a look at the towns tourist information or similar. 
  • jiminrio
    jiminrio Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update. The host has no other properties, has  been a customer of airbnb for 2 years. Looked at local tourist office, not much help,can not find it listed elsewhere
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 January at 8:36PM
    Options
    jiminrio said:
    Update. The host has no other properties, has  been a customer of airbnb for 2 years. Looked at local tourist office, not much help,can not find it listed elsewhere
    Little to go on then really, although you do say they’ve been a Airbnb customer for two years. Is that as a user or renter
  • jiminrio
    jiminrio Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update. Did not book this. Decided to use some one with lots of reviews. Cost more but able to sleep now and look forward to our trip. Thanks all 
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jiminrio said:
    Update. Did not book this. Decided to use some one with lots of reviews. Cost more but able to sleep now and look forward to our trip. Thanks all 
    Just to add that you could have done a reverse image search on the photos to see if they appeared anywhere else (and had possibly been copied by the host) 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback