We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Passport

Options
Hi I am travelling to Spain on 17th march for one week and my passport was issued on August 11th 2014 and runs out on August 11th 2024. It says it must be in date by 3 months from exit from Spain date but just wanted to check to make sure I have this correct.

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,569 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    your passport need to be under 10 years old when you enter which it is
    your passport needs to have an expiry date at least 3 months after your exit - it you exit 24th March then it needs to be after 24th June....which it is
  • andybebbs
    Options
    appreciate the reply thank you.
  • andybebbs
    Options
    Just checked my passport it was issued on February 11th 2014 but runs out on Aug 11th 24 so that means it's not valid is that correct.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    andybebbs said:
    Just checked my passport it was issued on February 11th 2014 but runs out on Aug 11th 24 so that means it's not valid is that correct.
    That's correct, you can't use it to enter an EU country after 11 February 2024 so will need to renew if travelling out in March.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 31 January at 11:59AM
    Options
    andybebbs said:

Correct, it's not valid for EU entry after Feb 11 2024.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • andybebbs
    Options
    Thanks guys just renewed online and sent old passport by recorded delivery fingers crossed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure