We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Passport panic

Options
Sons passport was issued 13 May 2019 and expires 13 May 2024. He is 11. We are going to teneriffe on Friday 2nd feb and return Friday 5 to feb. Please tell me this will be ok? Gov website says it needs 3 months . Rang passport office for confirmation but they said it’s not their role to discuss this!

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 15,104 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    How can you expect anyone to say its going to be OK. When Gov say No..

Best contact airline & ask them, & get a appointment to get it replaced quick, in case they say no.
    Life in the slow lane
  • doodlector
    doodlector Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sons passport was issued 13 May 2019 and expires 13 May 2024. He is 11. We are going to teneriffe on Friday 2nd feb and return Friday 5 to feb. Please tell me this will be ok? Gov website says it needs 3 months . Rang passport office for confirmation but they said it’s not their role to discuss this!
    Surely he has 3 months left if he returns on 5th Feb and passport is valid until 13th May??  Sounds OK to me.
  • The_Unready
    The_Unready Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I suspect the Op means to return on Friday 9th Feb, but that is still within 3 months of expiry.
  • HumberFlyer
    HumberFlyer Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I don't know why you are concerned.... 9 feb to 13 May = 3months and 4 days...= no issue !
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,635 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    @jollymolly_2 people posting on this forum can tell you anything you want to hear "Please tell me this will be OK" but that doesn't mean it will be.  First thing to do is clarify the return date.  If that is the 9th Feb there will be more than 3 months remaining so is OK.  Any date from 13th Feb onwards will not be OK.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We are going to teneriffe on Friday 2nd feb and return Friday 5 to feb.
    Perhaps worth clarifying your actual travel dates, as you're either meaning Monday 5 February (which would be a very short break) or a different Friday?
  • jimi_man
    jimi_man Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If it’s a Friday then it’s either the 9th which will be fine, or the 16th which won’t be. 

More clarification needed. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport