Interest at end of 0% period

Options
I've got a Santander card at the end of its 0% period. I was too slow to apply for a new balance transfer card, so this will arrive after the 0% deal ends. Will this mean I'm just paying interest for the few days interest before I can balance transfer to pay off the Santander card, or will Santander hit me with more?

Comments

• retiredbanker1
    retiredbanker1 Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You are correct -  you will pay the interest due on any outstanding debt until the date it paid off.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got a Santander card at the end of its 0% period. I was too slow to apply for a new balance transfer card, so this will arrive after the 0% deal ends. Will this mean I'm just paying interest for the few days interest before I can balance transfer to pay off the Santander card, or will Santander hit me with more?
    Did you apply to do the BT during card application? 
  • letsbetfair
    letsbetfair Posts: 958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nasqueron said:
    Did you apply to do the BT during card application? 
    No :( I thought the card would be there in time.

I figure I'll give it a day or two more to arrive and, if not, I can pay just pay it off from savings. Halifax clarity still does money transfers for 0% fee?
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Santander offered me a 0% balance transfer a month or so ago. The money was transferred the same day!
    Have you tried ringing them up to do the transfer? Or online?
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback