Issue with Samsung refund

Options
Hi all,

Apologies in advance if I've posted in the wrong thread. I've read some old posts dating back a few years but couldn't find the advice I was looking for.

Basically I bought a phone and it was defective and I sent it back for a refund.

Samsung were taking a considerable amount of time to refund me and when the cut off time for the refund to be issued passed. I contacted my bank and commenced a chargeback.

Samsung contacted me the day after and stated they couldn't issue me a refund unless I cancelled the chargeback which I did.

Samsung then allegedly paid the money back to the chargeback I contacted my bank and they stated that the money was returned the very same day back to Samsung the day they paid it due to the cancelled chargeback.

I've been chasing Samsung for months I've even written to their CEO office and they've ignored all my attempts to contact them.

I've contacted CAB and they told me to write an official letter of complaint and if I didn't hear from them then to send a letter stating that I will take court action against them if I don't hear from them.

This seems to have worked and someone from the Escalation team has been in touch stating that they are adamant the refund has been made to me and supplied a ARN number and to supply the number to my bank.

This is where the issues begin, my bank can't locate the refund that Samsung has allegedly paid and the ARN actually refers to the transaction that I made to pay for the phone!

Like all the other ARN posts Samsung now want a letter from my Bank to state they can't locate the funds but my bank doesn't want to help as they're giving me the run around

I'm at the end of my tether as this has been ongoing since October. What are my options as I don't know what else to do.

Can I take still take Samsung to small claims court?

Thanks in advance

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport