A question for YLive aficionados please.

Options
I'd be grateful for any observations from seasoned YLive participants please.

I signed up shortly before Christmas and completed one survey.

I didn't receive anything then until last week and then again earlier today (requesting completion by end of today).

I wasn't expecting to be inundated with opportunities but with both of these recent surveys, I completed about 9 or 10 screen's worth of information and then got to a page with a message stating that they already had enough respondents of my profile and therefore couldn't let me complete the questionnaire.

Is this a fairly normal occurence or have I just been unlucky?

What kind of frequency do you normally receive surveys or is it sporadic?

Thanks in advance for any comments/thoughts

£6000 in 2023

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had surveys for £3, £2 and £1 in the last week - the £1 was full when I clicked through but I hadn't been checking everyday and it showed as full immediately when clicking through - individual demographics will determine how many surveys you get
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,968 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It is common to be screened out after completing an annoying amount of the survey. I now only bother  trying the surveys if I spot them soon after they land in my inbox. If they’ve been sitting for an hour plus there is a greater chance of rejection I find,
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • brucefan_2
    brucefan_2 Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    @mjm3346
    @silvercar

Thank you  - that clarifies things. 

I completed today's survey within about 45 minutes of it arriving. Guess I wasn't quick enough off the mark.

£6000 in 2023
  • Bazzalona13295
    Bazzalona13295 Posts: 799 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Tbh that hasn't happened often with me, especially not when I've spent some time on the survey. Usually if its going to happen I can see it coming due to the questions not being relevant to me. But I do try to complete those asap.
  • Superhoopza
    Superhoopza Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had no surveys for a week and then two surveys today worth a combined £5 within half an hour of each other. I'm finding the ones worth more than £1 are taking far longer than £1/5 minutes, I'm pretty quick at answering and a £3 survey just took me 25 minutes.
  • brucefan_2
    edited 22 February at 12:10PM
    Options
    So, I've just had a survey come in, which I fortunately happened to see as I was checking emails at the time. Went into it pretty much straight away, completed maybe 12 - 15 screen's worth of responses and was then shut out, with the statement that they already had enough respondents of my demographic.

This I could understand if I'd taken a day to access the survey but I responded this morning within a couple of minutes.

Is this commonpolace or, as mentioned above, have I just been unlucky?
    £6000 in 2023
  • DaveQ
    DaveQ Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So, I've just had a survey come in, which I fortunately happened to see as I was checking emails at the time. Went into it pretty much straight away, completed maybe 12 - 15 screen's worth of responses and was then shut out, with the statement that they already had enough respondents of my demographic.

This I could understand if I'd taken a day to access the survey but I responded this morning within a couple of minutes.

This happens to me way too often.....to the point it stops me using it !!
  • brucefan_2
    Options
    DaveQ said:

This happens to me way too often.....to the point it stops me using it !!
    Thankyou - it was cerainly frustrating this morning. to the point where I'm not sure if I'll bother in the future.
    £6000 in 2023
  • Ivana_B_Rich
    Ivana_B_Rich Posts: 599 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

I've experienced this too, although I can't say I usually start the surveys straight away so I've always assumed the screenout reason given is true.

One possibility...
    It could be that they invite participants in batches. So perhaps an initial 200, 300 or 400. Depending on the responses they may need a further batch to balance out the responses.

Why they can't use our profile data to target the demographic that needs 'topping up' is beyond me, unless their system can't filter very well. So in theory you might be in a later batch, with only a limited number of matching your demographic needed. 

I'm not making excuses for them, just thinking 'out loud' really
    Saving a house deposit. Member no.7 100% of target :D

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
  • Superhoopza
    Superhoopza Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

I've experienced this too, although I can't say I usually start the surveys straight away so I've always assumed the screenout reason given is true.

One possibility...
    It could be that they invite participants in batches. So perhaps an initial 200, 300 or 400. Depending on the responses they may need a further batch to balance out the responses.

Why they can't use our profile data to target the demographic that needs 'topping up' is beyond me, unless their system can't filter very well. So in theory you might be in a later batch, with only a limited number of matching your demographic needed. 

I'm not making excuses for them, just thinking 'out loud' really
    Yeah it feels like this isn't being done very well.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback