When's the car insurance renewal?

2»

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,915 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    400ixl said:
    Sorry to hear OH is in hospital, but can they not be asked where they may have stored the info, or for access to email as most is online now, you would just need the credentials.

Most insurers will also write via snail mail 14 or so days before an insurance renewal is due.
    mgfvvc said:
    A while back, I set up a shared spreadsheet in Google Docs, with all savings and pensions accounts, insurance details, etc. My wife naturally has access and can use it to find necessary details if I am incapacitated.
    Obviously this doesn't help you now, but may be a good idea for next time, if there is a next time, and for any other readers.
    I'm not sure my wife will actually remember it's there, but I hope so.
    I must add a reminder to update it, a week or two after our regular renewals.
    Unfortunately OH is currently fully sedated and not communicating at all so this has put the frighteners on me in all sorts of ways.  

And yes I have been putting together a spreadsheet to share - at his request as I handle all the bills/finances generally.  But insurance polices change more frequently than bank accounts or credit cards so are a bit trickier.

I'll be trolling back through the bank & credit card statements as already suggested and if that doesn't work I'll check his car to see if there are any clues in there.  

"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback