Isolated Property Insurance

Looking to buy a property in Cambridgeshire which is fairly isolated with the nearest neighbour being about a quarter of a mile away. Trying to find out if there will be any issues in getting building and house contents insurance. Are the premiums likely to be much higher?

Comments

• Aretnap
    Aretnap Posts: 5,140
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Have you tried running a quote on a price comparison site?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,739
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    DavePaula said:
    Looking to buy a property in Cambridgeshire which is fairly isolated with the nearest neighbour being about a quarter of a mile away. Trying to find out if there will be any issues in getting building and house contents insurance. Are the premiums likely to be much higher?
    A quarter of a mile is not isolated.     However, it is not an issue.   Type of property could be (e.g. ex farm with barns, non standard builds etc).   
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback