We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Monaco Grand Prix tickets for 2024

Options

Hi, I've never been the grand prix and hope to go to the Monaco one this year. Online it seems buying a ticket is a minefield with many official looking websites. I was hoping somebody could tell me what the best website is to use?

I'm specifically looking for the practice day, i.e. cheap tickets! I've seen it's free but I suspect that is incorrect(?). I've also seen Thursday and Friday mentioned for practice but some F1 and others F2. It's a little confusing. Can anybody please advise how/where to buy these please?

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As you say, there are many ticket sites and it's often difficult to ascertain which is the 'official' one, but as a rule of thumb I'd be happiest buying either via the official F1 site or the event promoter, which in Monaco's case is the Automobile Club of Monaco, who direct ticket buyers to another site under their control:
    Book now your tickets on tthe Official Ticketing website www.monaco-grandprix.com.

https://acm.mc/en/edition/81st-formula-1-grand-prix-de-monaco/event/program-2/ shows what's happening on each day - traditionally the Monaco F1 action started on the Thursday, with Friday as a 'rest day', but it's now fallen into line with the others and runs from Friday to Sunday, with only limited non-F1 support racing on the Thursday, with correspondingly cheap pricing!  F1 free practice is on the Friday.

I'd recommend spending time on F1 Destinations too, an excellent resource with stacks of information relating to attending any of the tracks: https://f1destinations.com/monaco-f1-travel-guide/
  • Dangermouse99
    Dangermouse99 Posts: 106 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks @eskbanker. I'll look to book tickets for the thursday practice, albeit not F1 cars. It's a fairly big jump from the 30 euros on thursday to 150 on friday. Unfortunately it's only free for children (under 16s). Should still be good though!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure