wrong dates with octopus

Options
northernstar007
northernstar007 Posts: 477 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 28 January at 6:09PM in Credit file & ratings
hi all can anyone help
i became a customer of octopus in nov23, dd payments all went through on time
checking my credit file online record it has me started correct date, but on the callendar for each month they have got me started ticking from june23, so i have 2 ticks instead of dec and jan i have june23 and july23
will this be a issue on my file or can i let it go

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,048 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Think you need to get Octopus to correct it.  Should be a simple request to them hopefully.  My concern would be how do they get your record from July23 to Nov23?  They should be starting at the correct date and continuing with each consecutive month.  

But once that is sorted there shouldn't be any issue.  And possibly even if it doesn't get completely corrected it is likely only to be an issue if you were about to apply for mortgage/loan/credit cards etc.  If that's not happening for a couple of years then it will all be ancient history by then.

"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • northernstar007
    Options
    will this not set a default off when it gets to 3 credit ref callender months of missed payments in real time (dec-feb) come feb default sets off as my credit file will be showing july23-sept23 payments received and nothing since
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,048 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    well it's a bit weird isn't it.  They have reported incorrect info so they should correct it.  If they don't the info will remain.  But if everything following is correct there's no issue.  

But they shouldn't be saying you are in default July - Sept as you weren't a customer so they should correct.

But also again as previously - a blip on your credit history for late last year will have no impact if you are applying for credit a few years from now.  By then there should at least be a not to say "wrong dates". 
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback