Sharesave, how to best realize the cash

2»

Comments

• artyboy
    artyboy Posts: 876 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    wort said:
     It's that simple. Once the shares are in a S&S ISA you can sell them with no CGT due, and THEN transfer the cash into a cash ISA - if that's your end goal.
    @artyboy this is what I was asking Thank you 
    The sharesave is with equiniti they are offering an EQi Isa. 1st option is buy the shares with my savings and put into Share service
    2nd option is to put into the EQi Isa , the dealing rate is 10.99 .

If I choose the 1st option could I then move them into an ISA of my choosing up to 20,000 within 90 days without CGT ?
    or is the best option to use the EQi product they are offering.
    I haven’t used any ISA allowance this year.
    Hmm, I'm not familiar with how Equiniti administers these schemes, but from what you're saying it sounds like they have their own ISA, which would certainly make it easier for you. So based on that, it sounds like you should be able to put the £20k worth of shares in this 'Eqi ISA', sell within that, and then transfer out to a cash ISA.

But this is all very scheme specific, so that's just educated (hopefully) guesswork on my part. I assume you haven't used any of your £20k ISA allowance for this tax year yet?
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    No have not used any ISA related allowance this year.
    You have helped explain and I appreciate your help, thank you.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback