We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cancellation of tickets to Thailand

Options
Have booked with Thai airways to go Thailand. Due to circumstances will not be able to travel. Pl does anybody know how can I cancel, cannot find a uk number or email address. Thanks

Comments

• swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are your tickets refundable? Does your travel insurance not cover your circumstances for cancelling? 
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    cherry76 said:
    Have booked with Thai airways to go Thailand. Due to circumstances will not be able to travel. Pl does anybody know how can I cancel, cannot find a uk number or email address. Thanks

Depends on the circumstances and what class of ticket you've purchased. Some are refundable, most are not. As above - did you get your travel insurance when you bought your tickets? If so - check to see if it covers the specific issue you're facing, and if it doesn't list it, give them a ring to discuss it. 

Generally the airlines won't refund unless you've bought a ticket that's actually refundable. There are some extreme circumstances where on a non-refundable ticket they will move a flight (but not all airlines do), such as the death of a close relative. I remember I was due to fly to Malaysia a few years ago, and my grandmother passed away the day before my flight. I spoke to Emirates airlines and asked could I move my non-refundable ticket until after the funeral, and they said yes on the condition I submitted a copy of the death certificate (which I duly did when it was available - and they moved the flight at no cost).
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,569 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You need to look at the fare conditions of your ticket
    with Thai the Saver fare is non-refundable
    Standard and Flex economy can be refunded for a USD200 fee
    If you are unsure of which type you have the baggage allowance can be a clue
    20kgs = saver (non-refundable)
    25kgs = standard ($200 fee)
    30kgs = Flexi (($200 fee)
    35kgs = full flex ($150 fee)
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Suggest you use the same portal that you used to book the tickets, website or app, assuming you booked direct with Thai Airways.

If you booked through a third party that is where you need to go.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure