Kitchen/utility room units WITHOUT design appointment.

We're having a utility room built shortly.

We know exactly what units we want and in what layout - 1x tall cupboard, 2x freestanding appliance & 1x sink.

We just want to order the units. We don't need an appointment to design our "dream room". We just want the price for the s*dding units.

Why is this so hard for companies to understand?

Rant over. Apologies.

We know of IKEA & DIY kitchens.

Does anyone know anywhere else that will let us cut to the chase without the piddling around in the middle?

Comments

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,267
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Benchmarx/Wickes. B&Q, although I'm not impressed with GoodHome range. Their Cooke & Lewis flat
    pack stuff was better.
    The likes of Howdens & Magnet, you should be able to order what you want without having a session with one of their "consultants". But their pricing policy is far from transparent and the discounts variable. I'd rather go without than do business with either.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,096
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Local kitchen shop.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,940
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    When I needed extra units for my existing kitchen I just went into the local supplier for that range (Omega / Charles Rennie Mackintosh) and said I had a kitchen already and wanted a couple of extra units.  They asked what I wanted and ordered it for me.  Very easy, didn't attempt to design anything.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • gazfocus
    gazfocus Posts: 2,362
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Wickes have some off the shelf rangers but honestly I’d go with diy kitchens. Their units come pre built and are much better than wickes and ikea. 
  • mexican_dave
    mexican_dave Posts: 262
    Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I ordered my DIYkitchens.com kitchen 10 years ago. An excellent kitchen, I ordered the pre-built carcasses. Unless you are a very organised don't try to save money by having it flat-pack (that's was an option) you would have to have the space to store and identify all the components, nightmare!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback