What insurance do I need?

I am thinking of investing some funds to buying sweet carts, wedding bits etc which can be hired out for weddings, parties etc. 
Could anyone point me in the right direction with which insurances I would need? I'm assuming public liability to start?


  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 9,184
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Take a step back... what risks do you want to cover? Once you know that you can then decide what insurance is needed to cover it. 

    Public and Product liability, normally bundled for small companies 
    Equipment cover? if someone steels the carts
    Stock cover?
    Employers Liability, if you've got people running the carts
    Legal Expenses covers things like debt collection or contract disputes

Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards