Studio Retail not issuing credits for goods returned

I returned goods to Studio on Oct 14th 2023 they received these on 18th Oct 2023 and on 30th Oct 2023 I raised a dispute with them through their online portal.
I have supplied proof of dispatch, proof that the delivery has been delivered, Along with photographs of the goods in their warehouse by the courier company.

Now 3 months later, over 50 emails going round in circles the credit has still not been credited to my account.

Studio Pay (Part of the the Fraser Group who also own Studio Retail) are the financing Company of the account. I emailed them regarding the problem and they state that they are separate from Studio Retail and all returns must be dealt by them.

Send more emails to Studio Retail and we keep going in circles. Whilst Studio Pay refuse to talk about the credit, add interest and default charges knocking the account up to £125. Which they will not get a penny from me, I WILL NOT PAY WHAT I DO NOT OWE.

I have now made a complaint to The Financial Ombudsman who are looking into the matter.

In the meantime I have left negative reviews on Trustpilot several times to warn the public away from them. Whilst doing research on Studio Retail they have had a large increase in negative reviews, many of the problems are similar to mine,, in fact there are so many it is leaning towards a pattern of unprofessional conduct forming.

Overall they have over 14,300 negative reviews. It would appear that most of these problems remain unsolved.

So I will wait for the Financial Ombudsman to complete his investigation.

HAS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAD THESE PROBLEMS WITH STUDIO.

Is there any legal action I can take to resolve this problem and claim compensation for the 3 months of stress this has caused

Comments

• screech_78
    screech_78 Posts: 413
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    There’s a lot of text here, but you don’t actually state why they’re refusing to credit your account.

Are they claiming they’ve never received the return? 

How did you return it and did you do this under their returns policy? 
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,622
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    It appears, from what eh OP said,  he returned the item to Studio retail.  

But he had bought on credit through Studio Pay , who say he should have sent the item to them , not Studio Retail.

He expected Studio retail to contact Studio Pay to cancel the credit agreement but they have not done so,

As a result Studio Pay  are still looking for the OP to pay the credit agreement.
  • ajd7569
    ajd7569 Posts: 7
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I am having a similar problem with them.I purchased an airfryer in June 2023 and it developed a fault in November, I contacted them about this and after many emails back and forth they arranged for the item to be picked up by Evri and returned to them. The item was picked up on 16/12/23. I am still waiting on them issuing a refund. I have contacted them via chat, email and facebook messenger and keep getting the same message that it has been passed on to the "relevant department". I received an email on 19/1/24 saying that I would finally be getting my refund within 7 days. I've since received different emails in the past 2 days stating that the "relevant department" will contact me regarding my refund and not to worry and that they are looking into it.They have now updated their website and all of my previous order history has been deleted.
  • RefluentBeans
    RefluentBeans Posts: 851
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I returned goods to Studio on Oct 14th 2023 they received these on 18th Oct 2023 and on 30th Oct 2023 I raised a dispute with them through their online portal.
    I have supplied proof of dispatch, proof that the delivery has been delivered, Along with photographs of the goods in their warehouse by the courier company.

Now 3 months later, over 50 emails going round in circles the credit has still not been credited to my account.

Studio Pay (Part of the the Fraser Group who also own Studio Retail) are the financing Company of the account. I emailed them regarding the problem and they state that they are separate from Studio Retail and all returns must be dealt by them.

Send more emails to Studio Retail and we keep going in circles. Whilst Studio Pay refuse to talk about the credit, add interest and default charges knocking the account up to £125. Which they will not get a penny from me, I WILL NOT PAY WHAT I DO NOT OWE.

I have now made a complaint to The Financial Ombudsman who are looking into the matter.

In the meantime I have left negative reviews on Trustpilot several times to warn the public away from them. Whilst doing research on Studio Retail they have had a large increase in negative reviews, many of the problems are similar to mine,, in fact there are so many it is leaning towards a pattern of unprofessional conduct forming.

Overall they have over 14,300 negative reviews. It would appear that most of these problems remain unsolved.

So I will wait for the Financial Ombudsman to complete his investigation.

HAS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAD THESE PROBLEMS WITH STUDIO.

Is there any legal action I can take to resolve this problem and claim compensation for the 3 months of stress this has caused
    Sorry to hear you’re having issues. 

To confirm - did you follow the returns process that Studio have? Or did you just send them a parcel?

Have studio Retail confirmed receipt of delivery from their end? Or are they claiming they haven’t received it? 

From what I’ve heard on these forums Studio Pay will not remove the debt without instruction from Studio Retail, but they may put your account on hold (to stop further charges being applied) until the situation is resolved. This is what you should be doing. For all intents and purposes they act as a different company from Studio Retail, and will not make comment on the return status (as it’s not their department, literally). 

The thing with going ti the Financial Ombudsman is that you are claiming there is a financial irregularity here - what are you claiming they’ve done that is irregular? If you’ve provided proof that you’ve returned the items, and asking for a S75 claim then they should’ve actioned that (but this process is not fast as they are required to investigate). If you’re complaining to the FOS about the retail side then I think you’ll have a very quick response- in that FOS don’t have oversight of general retail sales. 

I think there’s complications as Studio both offer the credit and deliver the services. I’m not sure how that impacts you in terms of the consumer credit act. 
  • ajd7569
    ajd7569 Posts: 7
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Update.I'm still waiting on the "relevant department" issuing my refund, I've had a few emails stating that its still being looked into.Tried to use Resolver but they are unable to raise a case with them as they don't have a way of contacting them via email.
  • JadedAngel88
    JadedAngel88 Posts: 150
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes I'm having the same issue. 

Ordered items (8 in total) all returned with tracking etc. only been credited with 5. The info I get from studio, back in October, is that it is being investigated but every time I reach out for an update they either don't answer me or just say they haven't received the items and the case is closed. 

I contacted the ombudsman back in December, I tried to complain to studio but was told they don't have a complaint procedure, and had to wait till the end of January for them to intervene. I've not heard back from the ombudsman, I guess they are very busy. 

Thankfully I have kept every email, webchat, twitter dm and emails from Evri with any interaction I've had regarding the issue with studio. 

My credit file is wrecked but I am hopeful that it will eventually be sorted by the ombudsman. 

I have been a customer of studio for years but after this I'll never use them again.
  • Okell
    Okell Posts: 607
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    ajd7569 said:
    Update.I'm still waiting on the "relevant department" issuing my refund, I've had a few emails stating that its still being looked into.Tried to use Resolver but they are unable to raise a case with them as they don't have a way of contacting them via email.
    Resolver won't - and as I understand it they can't.

They don't actually do anything - they simply act as a sort of go-between between you and the trader.  They just give you a communication conduit and a handy way of following the dispute.  They won't actually help you resolve anything.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback