Suing a car company: need help with N271 notice of transfer of proceedings

System Posts: 178,066
Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
Community Admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Actions before small claims court with council.


  • I am new to all this.
    I have a service/breakdown assistance with the car dealership that I bought the car from. I won't go into the many problems that resulted when my car failed me.
    So I sued the car company for breach of contract. I agreed, after submitting my claim, to enter into the court's arbitration service as did the motor company.
    However, I was completely confused by the decision of the court official's to send me an N271 Notice of transfer of proceedings to the local court.
    Can anyone tell me what this means?
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards