Savings accounts for non UK residents

Options
are there any Savings accounts out there (Easy access /notice) for EU residents other than Skipton International?

Just looking to diversify but not found any equivalent to Skpt Int yet (there are some but request huge sums as an inital deposit). 
TIA! 

Comments

• wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,395 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    JayEl3 said:
    are there any Savings accounts out there (Easy access /notice) for EU residents other than Skipton International?

Just looking to diversify but not found any equivalent to Skpt Int yet (there are some but request huge sums as an inital deposit). 
    TIA! 
    I don't think anything's moved on from your prior threads. You could think about buying gilts? You'd need a stockbroker, though.

Is your situation still the same i.e. resident in Italy and looking to buy a property there in the next one or two years?

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,954 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Many of the high street banks have an offshore arm in the Bailiwick of Guernsey or another non-UK island like Skipton but most are aimed at the more well off end of the market. Any reason to not want a EU bank?
  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    There aren’t many but a bit of googling should let you find things like the Santander Island Regular Saver which has very low deposit requirements. 
  • JayEl3
    JayEl3 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    wmb194 said:
    JayEl3 said:

TIA! 
    I don't think anything's moved on from your prior threads. You could think about buying gilts? You'd need a stockbroker, though.

Is your situation still the same i.e. resident in Italy and looking to buy a property there in the next one or two years?

yes its the same., i was just hoping there wwas some update in the services in the last few months!
  • JayEl3
    JayEl3 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Many of the high street banks have an offshore arm in the Bailiwick of Guernsey or another non-UK island like Skipton but most are aimed at the more well off end of the market. Any reason to not want a EU bank?
    thanks! its mostly because of the language barrier - there is so much small print and in another language, Im a bit dubious... 
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Many of the high street banks have an offshore arm in the Bailiwick of Guernsey or another non-UK island like Skipton....
    Didn't realise Skipton had declared independence as a non-UK island ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback