IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

KBT Cornwall Ltd t/a Amtrac Security Services and BWlegal PCN

Hi,

I recently received a letter from BWlegal concerning a parking contravention on 17/10/23. They are demanding a payment of £160 by 14/02/24, this includes a £100 PCN as well as debt recovery costs of £60.

This is the first I have heard of this. While I admittedly did not initially see that I had to pay, I then paid for the latter half of my parking at the location and thought I had got off without any trouble. I was therefore not given a chance to pay anything before the case got passed on to BWlegal and the charge increased. 

After a browse on MSE it seems that others have managed to avoid paying these pirates and I was wondering if I could get some advice on how to proceed with challenging the PCN. I am currently looking at the NEWBIES private parking thread but quite honestly I'm not sure which bits are relevant to me.

Thanks for the advice!

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 21,920
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The usual reason for not receiving the original PCN is because your V5C is not up-to-date and the parking company get your incorrect details from DVLA but then they use a tracing company for follow up letters. Is the letter from BWLegal a Letter before/of Claim or is it a debt collector begging letter?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,195
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The NEWBIES thread tells you what to send in response if it is a LBC.

Everyone avoids paying these 'pirates' as you call them. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback