UC advice needed! Changed to joint but single payment claim due

Hi all. 
Me and my partner have decided to live together again and so I updated UC to reflect this. My single claim has disappeared and it’s turned into a joint.
however my payment for the assessment period of when it was a single person claim is due tomorrow and that’s disappeared, and now all I have is a statement claiming that we will know if we are entitled to anything for the following month in a couple of weeks. 
So I’m left with nothing? 

Will I still get paid as it goes off the last assessment period. 

Comments

• HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,084
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 24 January at 3:45PM
    Hi all. 
    Me and my partner have decided to live together again and so I updated UC to reflect this. My single claim has disappeared and it’s turned into a joint.
    however my payment for the assessment period of when it was a single person claim is due tomorrow and that’s disappeared, and now all I have is a statement claiming that we will know if we are entitled to anything for the following month in a couple of weeks. 
    So I’m left with nothing? 

Will I still get paid as it goes off the last assessment period. 

It's your situation at the last day of assessment period. So now will be based on joint claim if you informed them before that.
    Have you and your partner given all the info the DWP needs for the joint claim?
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,725
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Did you report the changes after the last day of your assessment period? If you did then you should receive your next payment as normal. It will be the following assessment period where you will see the changes. 

It’s correct that you lose everything on your journal once you claim as a couple. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback