Android on screen keyboard

facade
facade Posts: 6,902
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
Forumite
I tried to send a text today on my g84, and there has been some sort of "update" so the large enough to type on keyboard has disappeared!
I rotated the 'phone 90 degrees as usual to be able to type with my fingers and instead of a full length keyboard I get this minute floaty thing that I can't drag large enough to use.

What can I do to fix it and go back to how it used to be when it worked properly?
I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))

Comments

• Tiexen
    Tiexen Posts: 718
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    try this:

To go back to the regular/docked keyboard, you can tap the “Floating” shortcut or drag the keyboard (using the handle) to the bottom edge of the screen. Once you do this, Gboard will no longer open its floating mode when in landscape.

• facade
    Forumite
    Thank you!

The "floating" shortcut did it.(dragging to the bottom with the handles just ran it to the edge and shrank it, you cant bigify with the handles only shrink (which was the problem in the first place).

You have to tap the 4 blue dots icon to bring up the "floating" icon

Android is getting like Microsoft, continually "fixing" things that aren't broken and making it harder to use.
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

• PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,140
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    There was no update to change this. You must have inadvertently changed to floating mode. 
  • facade
    Forumite
    PHK said:
    There was no update to change this. You must have inadvertently changed to floating mode. 

Maybe, but I can't imagine how,as the button to fix it was hidden in a sub menu.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback