IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN - PPS Halloway Street Hounslow

Hello,

I received a PCN letter from Private Parking Solutions for my travel to Hounslow on 14/01/2024. 

The spot for which I received PCN seems to be infamous for getting the PCNs from PPS. I hope I can get some guidance on how to respond.

I travelled to the address provided by a friend for FlipOut play area nearby just to realize that it was a dead-end of the road upon which I asked my family to get out of the vehicle and then searching for a parking nearby and then move on. The whole stay did not exceed more than 2 minutes and I had to move my vehicle to let another vehicle take a U turn who I think was in same situation as mine. 

Throughout this duration, I never stepped out of my vehicle and the vehicle never crossed the bay lines of the parking bays which fall within remit of the said parking. The evidence on PPS website shows my car with reverse lights and hazard lights that I put on when my family was stepping off. 

The parking bay in question was already occupied by another car which means I couldn't have parked there even if I wanted to plus the car parked there prevented me from seeing any signage (though I never had intentions of parking there). No red lines or double yellow lines there. 

I would appreciate if the experts here can help with below:
1. Should I start by asking for an evidence of the car being parked and the driver moving out of the vehicle with a justification that I reversed on the street which is in council jurisdiction without ever entering their parking bays after dropping a passenger off?

2. How do I approach the appeal that does not lead to an outright rejection from them given the circumstances and the lack of evidence that shows the car in the bays in PPS jurisdiction?

I have attached pictures if it helps in any way. 

Thanks.

Comments

• SayNoPCN
    SayNoPCN Posts: 4
    First Post
    It is altogether another matter that the pictures are from Mattise Road while PCN says Halloway Street but this seems to have been a problem with other PCNs and the appeals on this point were rejected. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,343
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 20 January at 11:01PM
    The car isn't parked!

You could have fun with an appeal based on that fact (WITHOUT implying who was driving) and see what farce of a reply comes back.

Obviously DON'T use that final picture. See what you typed there? No...

This would never get past a Judge. No payibg.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • SayNoPCN
    First Post
    The car isn't parked!

You could have fun with an appeal based on that fact (WITHOUT implying who was driving) and see what farce of a reply comes back.

Thanks, I won't be using that last picture, I included it to show that the car never crossed the parking bays and I understand I haven't been very good with the wording there. I meant to say that the spot is where my wife and daughter got out of the vehicle before I had to then move to let another vehicle take a U turn. 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,104
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    SayNoPCN said:
    The car isn't parked!

...I haven't been very good with the wording there. I meant to say that the spot is where my wife and daughter got out of the vehicle before I had to then move to let another vehicle take a U turn. 
    But your replacement words still give away the driver's identity.

Surely what you meant to say was that the passengers got out before the vehicle was moved...
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,343
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 21 January at 4:13PM
    DON'T imply who was driving.

Don't even say who the passengers were.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • SayNoPCN
    First Post
    I get the point now. Thanks. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills