An overnight bag

2»

Comments

• Rosa_Damascena
    Rosa_Damascena Posts: 6,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Whilst these are all worthy suggestions, my first port of call would be to purchase a holdall from a chazzer - its surprising what good quality / unused items are donated, ones with wheels are available - for a small outlay (<£10), or a site such as Freecycle. See how that serves you and then take it from there. If you still wish to buy something BN then at least you will have a more focused idea based on the benefits / disadvantages experienced from using your initial purchase. Said purchase can be re-donated back at that point / used as storage.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • DanielDeronda
    DanielDeronda Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for all the advice so far.  This is the sort of thing I'd be looking at.

https://www.osprey.com/gb/osprey-daylite-duffel-45#color=Black

So a holdall rather than a case or backpack.  Would be able to carry it with handles or on my back.  Think 45L is sufficient for the length of trips I'll be doing.

Any brands people can recommend?
  • Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper

So a holdall rather than a case or backpack.  Would be able to carry it with handles or on my back.  Think 45L is sufficient for the length of trips I'll be doing.

Deuter Aviant Duffel Pro 40. Currently on sale on Amazon in my favourite corn colour, for £82.50, though the colour may not appeal to you that much  :D
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Whilst these are all worthy suggestions, my first port of call would be to purchase a holdall from a chazzer - its surprising what good quality / unused items are donated, ones with wheels are available - for a small outlay (<£10), or a site such as Freecycle. See how that serves you and then take it from there. If you still wish to buy something BN then at least you will have a more focused idea based on the benefits / disadvantages experienced from using your initial purchase. Said purchase can be re-donated back at that point / used as storage.
    That is an excellent idea. You may even find that you can afford more than one, for different kinds of trip ... 

Emily_Joy said:

Deuter Aviant Duffel Pro 40. Currently on sale on Amazon in my favourite corn colour, for £82.50, though the colour may not appeal to you that much  :D
    Other colours are available, including a rather nice Jade, and black for not very much more. (I think the Corn would look mucky very quickly, but then I've just had to wash my pale Healthy Back Bag, so maybe any light colour would be the same!)
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Bostonerimus1
    Bostonerimus1 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    I've had the same bag for around 30 years; it's a canvas duffle bag made by LL Bean in the US...so probably not available in the UK, but you might look for something similar. It's very casual and also very easy to take on a plane. It does not have any compartments for computers, organizing pockets or wheels, its just a bag with an handle and a shoulder strap.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback