Lasting Power Of Attorney Question

Options
A few week ago I posted that my wife could be in a care home in a few weeks, that is happend now and worst of all its got to be self funded (£80,000), her lifetime savings.
I am her LTA
All her savings are in NSI I informed them that need to source her savings accounts I sent them all the details needed and the code needed to check me out 
That was two weeks ago, I waited a week and then checked to see what progress had been made 
I was told they had the apllication  and a letter would be sent for me to sign and return
Two weeks and no letter yet
Has anyone else had this problem with NSI
As a 4 weekly payment  payment of  £2800 is due next month could a solicitor have a better chance of giving them a kick up the backside to get things moving.

Here is one for the legal heads if I cannot make this payment  can I send them one of the special codes for the care home to look at our LTA financial details to pacify them

Thanks

Comments

• db3745
    db3745 Posts: 457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the position you find yourself in, and not expert enough to give advice, but I wonder if you could think about giving it a bit wider publicity on these forums I'm sure there will be finance-savvy forum users who could help. Though it's not strictly these areas, banking and borrowing, and its sub-forums have users who may well be able to assist. I would only offer that NS & I do have a deserved reputation for being frequently unyielding, unresponsive, basically unhelpful. I was just reading Saturday's Times financial section which takes up cases of real concern just like yours; you might even appeal for assistance to one or other of these investigative journalists.

• Auti
    Auti Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Would benefits and work forum be better - they are very knowledgable and it is read daily - they could help you also for checking what benefits she may be entitled too eg PIP.

I would email NS and I when you contact them so that you have a paper trail (you can phone too but then send a summary email to them just in case you need to show the care home how far along you are in getting the funds. The care home will have had this problem before and whilst stressful it will get sorted. 

Would NS and I send an electronic form that you could sign? 

Sorry your world is upside down - do try the benefits and work forum they are good people.
  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 23 January at 12:24PM
    Options
    Have you talked to the care home? as they would have dealt with this kind of issue.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • alankearn
    alankearn Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone
    After almost 3 weeks a letter has arrived for me to sign maybe things will move faster now the I appear to be in the system.
    Many thanks to you all for your replies I appreciated them very much

AK

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport