Openreach sending a final reminder for a bill already paid

Options
Hi 
After some advice reference a bill we paid back in September 2022 for a kerb to be dropped where there was an Openreach box. This was paid in full in sept 22, yet I’ve just received a final demand for this invoice.

Theres no contact number to discuss, name, address and cost is correct. I have an email from their engineer saying they’ve received payment and have the credit car statement with the payment on.

any advice on the way forward with this?

thanks in advance
2006 LBM £28,000+ in debt.
2021 mortgage and debt free, working part time and living the dream

Comments

• 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi 
    After some advice reference a bill we paid back in September 2022 for a kerb to be dropped where there was an Openreach box. This was paid in full in sept 22, yet I’ve just received a final demand for this invoice.

Theres no contact number to discuss, name, address and cost is correct. I have an email from their engineer saying they’ve received payment and have the credit car statement with the payment on.

thanks in advance
    Why was Openreach involved with dropping a kerb surely it down to the local authority to see to alterations via approved contractor 
  • jonnydeppiwish!
    jonnydeppiwish! Posts: 1,197 Forumite
    First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    35har1old said:
    Hi 

thanks in advance
    Why was Openreach involved with dropping a kerb surely it down to the local authority to see to alterations via approved contractor 
    No, not all local authorities do it this way. There was an Openreach box on the kerb in front of the drive which needed reinforcing. £2k for 8 mins work……
    2006 LBM £28,000+ in debt.
    2021 mortgage and debt free, working part time and living the dream
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport