Garage services

2»

Comments

• powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 January at 8:41PM
    Nickyno said:
    We have since read terrible reviews about the place.  

People only tend to post a negative review when they think they have been wronged.
    For instance,I wouldn't post a positive review everytime I shop at Tesco without issue.
    I can't see what you are complaining about, your husband agreed to the extra tests and was told the costs.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    The fact that they were the only garage with availability would be  a red flag to me.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Ectophile said:
    You can diagnose faulty glow plugs with an ordinary multimeter.
    Undo all the wires, so you're left with the terminals of the glow plugs sticking out.  Set the multimeter to ohms.  Measure the resustance between the tip of each plug and the engine block.
    Very low resistance (1 ohm or so) is good.  Higher resistance is bad.
    While this is true.
    If the usual diagnostic tester (connect up & see if any faults show) did not bring up any faults. Then this drops into the more expensive 2nd diagnostic test, such as you suggest. As it requires parts being removed & the resulting labour costs.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Tucosalamanca
    Tucosalamanca Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Your panicking, urgency to travel, other garages being fully booked, OH losing work, mishearing prices quoted are nothing to do with the garage looking at your vehicle.

Accounts being overdue is completely irrelevant, reviews were available before you even called them.

Has the fault has been resolved - if not, that would be an issue but other than that, what have they done wrong?

Why would AA, RAC or Trading Standards be interested - how have they deceived you or not delivered the service offered?

Businesses are free to charge what they want. I rarely visit main dealers for this very reason.

They offered a service, you accepted it.
    They were even good enough to tell you the cost in advance, so no nasty surprises. I honestly can't see a problem...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback