We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

FIRE Girls Pension Diary - Aim High & Dream Big

1…474849505153»

Comments

  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 7,601 Senior Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    my battery is installed outside- internal installation in lofts and the like are no longer recommended.

    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 1,056 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 3 October at 7:38PM

    Good point about fire risk. I think this is the reason the OH said to put the battery on the outside wall rather than in the garage.

    @QrizB your right it’s fox

    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

    Retirement Planning
    Starting Position (Jan 2024) : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 29,751 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Research suggests that an ice car kept in a garage is 18x more likely to catch fire than a home battery system.

    I think....
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 1,056 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I feel like the biggest fire risk is my teenagers leaving their chargers on at the wall without anything plugged into the end of them 🙄

    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

    Retirement Planning
    Starting Position (Jan 2024) : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • mrklaw
    mrklaw Posts: 417 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    ours is in the side passage, lives in a little lean to with ventilation for the summer and lightly insulated for winter

  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 1,056 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    @mrklaw it sounds like a pet you have 😆

    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

    Retirement Planning
    Starting Position (Jan 2024) : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 1,056 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I’ve been quite active on early retirement planning, replanning and obsessive calculations. I’ve worked out I would like approx 2k a month. I had a week off and lived the way I’d want to. So going to the gym and mostly bringing my own coffee/lunch. Occasionally buying a coffee there. This also included a few lunches out and my husbands and my weekend coffees/breakfast/lunches whatever we fancy doing. Also includes my monthly Direct Debits and Standing orders. I noticed I spent more food shopping but I made much nicer dinners because I had time to ponder.

    I’ve some decisions to make soon. These largely depend on my sanity levels and I think that will rule the decision rather than calculations.

    Option 1 Stay in corporate job full time for a few more years.

    Option 2 Go part time and work for a longer period.
    Option 3 Full career change to lower stress job.


    As I type this I’m actually realising this is a time line. Work full time until I feel I can’t do it anymore. Then go part-time and finally change to a lower stress job. The movement between these phases will likely be out of my hands and based on how I’m feeling.


    There may be changes afoot. 🤔

    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

    Retirement Planning
    Starting Position (Jan 2024) : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.