Openreach - contact number regarding planned pole replacements?

Options
According to a notification by the local council, my minor road is due to be closed for one specific day next week to allow Openreach to do some poling work (pole replacements). I don't know how many poles are affected.

I've not heard from Openreach about this, should I expect Openreach to notify me if my landline and / or fibre are likely to be affected for a few hours?

Is there an Openreach number that I can call to speak to a human who actually knows what they are talking about and can state whether my landline or fibre will be affected? All of their generic numbers are useless with long wait times and are lacking in useful and specific information.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,914 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 January at 3:28PM
    Options
    Why would you hear from Openreach?

Your internet contract is not with them, its with your ISP.
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 380 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As above, besides which OR don't have a public facing arm.
  • 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    According to a notification by the local council, my minor road is due to be closed for one specific day next week to allow Openreach to do some poling work (pole replacements). I don't know how many poles are affected.

I've not heard from Openreach about this, should I expect Openreach to notify me if my landline and / or fibre are likely to be affected for a few hours?

Is there an Openreach number that I can call to speak to a human who actually knows what they are talking about and can state whether my landline or fibre will be affected? All of their generic numbers are useless with long wait times and are lacking in useful and specific information.
    I think they are capable of maintaining supply
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    35har1old said:

I think they are capable of maintaining supply
    That was my experience (and about 15 neighbours) when Openreach replaced a pole a couple of years ago. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback