EDF Tariff and Standing Charges

BobtheDip
BobtheDip Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 16 January at 12:45PM in Energy
My EDF Fixed Tariff finishes on 1st March and I shall take Martins advice by not moving to another Fixed Tariff for the next 12 months BUT - EDF have increased their Standing Charges by over 15%. How can they justify this increase ??

Comments

• la531983
    la531983 Posts: 1,661
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    This has been discussed ad nauseum on here. Just look through old threads.
  • MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,107
    First Post First Anniversary Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Community Admin
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to [email protected]
  • Having trouble with EDF 'losing' my money. Had an email at end of December to inform me they were Updating their computer system and the bank details were slightly different.  Same sort code and account number but slight change in name.  I have a weekly standing order going out and amended it accordingly.  Since then my money has disappeared.  Have shared many emails and phone call but just keep saying they're looking into it ! My account is now in debit and don't k know what else to do.  Anyone else had any problems?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,647
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 6 February at 3:36PM
    Having trouble with EDF 'losing' my money. Had an email at end of December to inform me they were Updating their computer system and the bank details were slightly different.  Same sort code and account number but slight change in name.
    Your EDF number you put in the reference box would be different as well as the receiving bank account number.

I have a weekly standing order going out and amended it accordingly.  Since then my money has disappeared. 
    Did you change the reference number from 67.... to A-......?

Have shared many emails and phone call but just keep saying they're looking into it ! My account is now in debit and don't k know what else to do.  Anyone else had any problems?
    Quite possibly, if they are paying via an antiquated and highly manual process like standing order.   Direct Debit would be so much more straightforward and have greater consumer protection.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Mobtr
    Mobtr Posts: 609
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 6 February at 3:09PM
    smudrock said:
    Having trouble with EDF 'losing' my money. Had an email at end of December to inform me they were Updating their computer system and the bank details were slightly different.  Same sort code and account number but slight change in name.  I have a weekly standing order going out and amended it accordingly.  Since then my money has disappeared.  Have shared many emails and phone call but just keep saying they're looking into it ! My account is now in debit and don't k know what else to do.  Anyone else had any problems?
    The sort code is the same but the bank account number is different. You also need to put your new account number as the reference rather than the one starting 67
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback