unrequested refund received

2»

Comments

• 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Okell said:
    I'd keep trying to contact them every week or so as I'd prefer to sort it out sooner rather than later
    I'm all for doing the right thing but that sounds a little OTT to me. 
    I'd contact them twice at most (as the OP has) and then transfer it into a savings account and forget about it for six years; if they come back to me in the meantime then fine, just transfer it back.
    However the chances are they'll be back in touch with the OP pretty quickly once the real customer who should have been refunded realises they haven't received the money. 

The best way if you aren't looking to keep the money is contact bank and ask for payment to be reversed.
    Could it be a scam
  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,196 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    35har1old said:
    Could it be a scam
    I expect they would be new to it :)
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • Jonboy_1984
    Jonboy_1984 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 16 January at 11:03PM
    Can this be tied back to a specific purchase and if so was it direct from The company, or via a marketplace (e.g. Amazon, eBay, etsy, b&q etc) and how long ago was the purchase. 
  • 2twometers
    2twometers Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I thought it may be a scam also,but I don't think it is.Here is the history.
    I bought direct from dyson in late december an upright animal ball,on offer at £229.99,received it on time and am very pleased with it.On jan 7th I had an e-mail from dyson support stating they had received my return with a reference number and the refund would be processed within the next 7 days-as I had not requested a return at all and am still happily using my dyson I assumed it was a random e-email.However when I checked the card statement on 13th jan there was a credit of £229.99 from dyson.I contacted dyson via the digital assistant,gave them this information and was told dyson would be in touch within 72 hours.He checked my account and told me that the request for return had originated from dyson and the case would be escalated to the team.On 15th jan I received e-mail from  parcelforce stating that dyson (co downtons)had organised a return,with a reference number and a returns label to use.I gave it another day as still not heard from dyson then on 16th contacted dyson again through digital assistant,tried to explain the situation again,told them I had never requested return and refund and he cancelled the return request and once again said I would be contacted by the team.So far no contact and as the payment and refund have occured within the same statement on credit card it would seem I have a free dyson,which is great for me but obviously not right.
    I do not have an e-mail address to use for dyson,nothing seems to show on their customer support page,and I have seen lots of reviews stating being on hold for ages on the phone,so I shall wait and see what happens next. 
  • ArbitraryRandom
    ArbitraryRandom Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    edited 17 January at 9:53AM
    Do you have a record of the conversation (screenshots of the digital assistant conversation or similar)? 

If not, the terms and conditions give this email address: askdyson@dyson.co.uk 

And this correspondence address: 
    Dyson Limited, Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury, Wiltshire. SN16 0RP 

If I were you, I'd ping an email and/or write a letter (second class with proof of posting), then ignore the issue until/unless they get back to me. 

https://www.dyson.com/content/dam/dyson/documents/uk/UK_Terms_August_2017.pdf
    I'm not an early bird or a night owl; I’m some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.
  • GrubbyGirl_2
    GrubbyGirl_2 Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    There is an email address at the bottom of this page

https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/quick-links/request-meeting

They also have a twitter (now X) page @DysonUK and I find messaging on twitter is by far the most effective way of contacting most companies

• 2twometers
    2twometers Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    thanks for all contact details,I don't do social media or have a smartphone but I did get a screenshot taken of second attempt to sort it just in case.I will send an e-mail and hope someone can get their head round it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback