“Printer Busy” - on iPad . It’s not though

Moogles44
Moogles44 Posts: 237
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Forumite
edited 15 January at 6:19PM in Techie Stuff
I have had a HP200 printer for ages and it started saying “printer busy” and wouldn’t print for ages and then later on you might be able to get it printing again. I tried unplugging everything for 10 minutes and starting over, but it didn’t fix the problem .

I got so sick of it that I purchased a brand new different canon printer and on the first day of using it it is saying the exact same thing after printing 3 things. It’s plugged in into a different socket in a different room. Sometimes when I print, I can sometimes see the printer queue and there only seems to be one in the queue and then it’s gone once it’s printed.

I have no idea how to solve this and I need printer for my work. Any ideas how to fix this?
If you don’t like a thread or post just move on by.

Never a need to be ugly

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,211
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Might be something that can be sorted by uninstalling the printer(s) and installing again.  I've needed to do that occasionally.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,853
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Brie said:
    Might be something that can be sorted by uninstalling the printer(s) and installing again.  I've needed to do that occasionally.  
    The op is talking about iPad…..
    @Moogles44 have you set the printer with a static ip address and is the printer an the same network as the ipad?
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • Moogles44
    Moogles44 Posts: 237
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Brie said:
    The op is talking about iPad…..
    @Moogles44 have you set the printer with a static ip address and is the printer an the same network as the ipad?
    Yes it’s on same network as my iPad . I’m not sure what that means static ip address? It’s my house router .. I’m not very techie sorry 
    If you don’t like a thread or post just move on by.

Never a need to be ugly
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure