Experience of claiming Protective Award?

My Husband was made instantly redundant last week when the company went into administration.

They had no warning, no consultation period, nothing.

In the documentation the administrators have sent it mentions claiming for compensation via a Protective Award.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this?

Is it something we can do ourselves? or is is advisable to use an employment solicitor? Don't want to have to pay a solicitor if we don't need to.
Just not sure as from the bits I've been reading it is awarded via an employment tribunal which sounds as if you do need legal support.


Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards