IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Parking Services PCN - Advice for Appeal

I have received a NTK Parking Charge Notice dated 05/01/2024 for 'parking on the premises whilst failing to enter the vehicle registration number at the kiosk on site'.
Euro Parking Services have provided, on their website, an explanation of the allegation and  evidence including a close up actual photograph of the sign stating that 'all customers must enter your vehicle registration into the kiosk inside' that was at the location on the date of the PCN as well as images of the vehicle during the 5 minute 33 second period it was parked.
As they have already provided the information that is requested on the appeal template, could someone please advise if I should add more of the 'defence' information regarding unfair signage etc on the appeal?
The driver parked to use the air pump at a Texaco garage, there were two large signs by the machine stating 'customer parking only' so it was assumed as a genuine customer that it was ok to park there to pump up the tyres (as would normally be the case!).  The sign that EPS refer to was in much smaller letters with several different points of information and could only be read my going right up to it, therefore, was not read by the driver and so they did not go into the kiosk to enter the vehicle registration details.  The confusing use of the signs is obviously to entrap people, as there are no actual payments required and if you do not enter the shop then the pad to enter the details is not even seen.  I want to appeal this but it seems as if EPS have already covered all the information that is requested on the appeal template, so should I concentrate on the information regarding unfair signage?
Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Definitely in my opinion find and detail issues with the signage also would you believe under 6 minutes is considered 'parking'?  Sounds ridiculous 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,396
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
     I want to appeal this but it seems as if EPS have already covered all the information that is requested on the appeal template,
    LOL!  Far from it.  But put whatever you want, as long as you don't say who was driving.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jmm0116
    jmm0116 Posts: 2
    First Post First Anniversary
     I want to appeal this but it seems as if EPS have already covered all the information that is requested on the appeal template,
    LOL!  Far from it.  But put whatever you want, as long as you don't say who was driving.
    I understand what you are saying, it just seemed a bit pointless requesting a close up photo of the sign as well as images of the vehicle as they have already supplied this. Also, it doesn't concern a PDT machine or an overstay of minutes but I will request a fuller explanation of the allegation. 
    I know it doesn't really matter what I put on the first appeal as they will reject it anyway.  The whole thing is such a scam and very frustrating!
    Thanks for your help.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,396
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    jmm0116 said:
    I understand what you are saying, it just seemed a bit pointless requesting a close up photo of the sign as well as images of the vehicle as they have already supplied this. Also, it doesn't concern a PDT machine or an overstay of minutes but I will request a fuller explanation of the allegation. 
    I know it doesn't really matter what I put on the first appeal as they will reject ...
    Just change it.  It's not set in stone.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback