Installing two "designer" radiators - £300

Options
Heya

I've been quoted £300 to install two radiators. I accepted the quote as I needed to get stuff booked in for a room refurbishment and I never heard back from 3 other plumbers. However, one of those plumbers has now messaged me to quote £160. I'll be removing the old radiators and the sizes are slightly different (about 10cm) so adjusting the pipework may be involved. 

Does £300 sound about right?

Comments

• Veteransaver
    Veteransaver Posts: 480 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I assume you are supplying the radiators at that price?
    £300 sounds a bit high just for installing them, though it depends how much extra work the pipework changes are. The cheaper quote may just be using pipe extensions whereas the £300 quote may be doing it "properly".

• JadeHighland
    JadeHighland Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I assume you are supplying the radiators at that price?
    £300 sounds a bit high just for installing them, though it depends how much extra work the pipework changes are. The cheaper quote may just be using pipe extensions whereas the £300 quote may be doing it "properly".

Yeah, I've already got the radiators. Just an install. 
  • Smurnov
    Smurnov Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    It depends on where in the country you are but that sounds fair to me, particularly if they're going to move the pipes. I'd imagine for two radiators that's the best part of a days work plus travel.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,974 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Seems cheap compared to what I paid recently! Though mine did include new pipework back to the boiler.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback