Mountain warehouse Fake site. Fallen for it

Options
macgyver
macgyver Posts: 1,285 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited 6 March at 10:33AM in Shop but don't drop
Dear All, 
My wife found online sale for mountain wear house and ordered a few jackets and shoes for prices too good to be true and paid by PayPal (actually it was my credit card) . Received the confirmation email. Money has been paid to leggingsoutletssell uk. 
When nothing arrived for 7 days, I checked the site and discovered its a fake site. Mountain-wearhouse.ssalesstore.com
mountainwarehousale.ssalestore.com/?utm_source=event_newsletter&utm_medium=orders_paid&utm_mode=skip_if_exists
I try to track the order, it shows it is been shipped from China using china ems. 
Here is what it says

Hi, your package is on the way !
FROM
TO
Carrier:
China EMS
Tracking No:
AS834778456CN
Details
KuaiJian Departed fromChuLi ZhongXin,transit
2024-01-11 10:25:00
KuaiJian Arriving at the processing center,,transit
2024-01-09 16:25:00
Departed from ShouJiDian【 Shenzhen 】,transit
2024-01-08 12:57:00
KuaiJian Arriving at the processing center, 【Shenzhen ChuLi ZhongXin item collected 】,transit
2024-01-08 12:50:00

Shall I raise a dispute with PayPal now or wait for the order to arrive. FAQs on their site say time for delivery is max 15 working days.

Many thanks 
I wanted to thankyou a million times but its a shame that I can press the button just once :T

Comments

• HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 January at 7:51PM
    Options
    How did she even reach that site when searching mountain warehouse. I typed in what you wrote and can't even find it.

Personally I would open a case with PayPal once it arrives.

You never know it might be exactly what she wanted but also I think paypal expect the items to have arrived but also you can fully evidence its rubbish once you have the items
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,056 Forumite
    Options
    No contact details. If you click on “about us” they have lifted the whole text from Warren James the jewellers!
  • Tucosalamanca
    Tucosalamanca Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 12 January at 9:07PM
    Options
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,480 Forumite
    Options
    No contact details. If you click on “about us” they have lifted the whole text from Warren James the jewellers!
    And they missed the e off warehouse in the url
  • Tucosalamanca
    Tucosalamanca Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    macgyver said:
    Thanks everyone for the useful information. I have been charged by the same company on my credit card - leggingsoutletssell uk. 
    Looks like I will have to wait for non delivery for 30 days and raise a claim with my credit card. 
    Since there is no contact information for the company, I cannot contact them.

Edit
     Just contacted my credit card company (tesco bank) and they have advised me to wait 30 days and then raise a charge back claim if goods do not turn up. 
    Thanks again
    Tesco Bank handled my chargeback.
    My advice would be take as many screenshots as you can (preferably with URLs), while the evidence is still available online. After 30 days, lots could have changed and webpages might have disappeared by then.
    They will ask for things like order details and communications, with no contact from the fake vendor it does make the process a little bit harder...
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My DH had a similar advert come up on Facebook in the last few days, pretending to be mountainwarehouse. 
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    macgyver said:
    Dear All, 
    My wife found online sale for mountain wear house and ordered a few jackets and shoes for prices too good to be true and paid by PayPal (actually it was my credit card) . Received the confirmation email. Money has been paid to leggingsoutletssell uk. 

This should have sounded deafening warning bells.

My DH had a similar advert come up on Facebook in the last few days, pretending to be mountainwarehouse. 
    That's where a lot of the complaints on here come from.

• macgyver
    macgyver Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 2 February at 11:36AM
    Options
    Update
    When I challenged the company that I am going to report them and request a chargeback from my card, I got a message that they are going to refund me.
    Will wait and see and ask for a chargeback on 6th Feb (30 days) if nothing turns up. 

Their reply
    Dear Customer, We have successfully processed a refund for your order, and the refunded amount will be credited back to the account you used for payment. Please be aware that bank processing may take some time, but rest assured, your funds will be securely deposited. If you have any further concerns or questions regarding the refund, feel free to reach out to us. We appreciate your understanding and patience. Warm regards, Customer Service Team

Mine
    This looks like a fake company. I am going to report you and claim my money from my card company

merchant
    This is an automatic response from the system. We recommend reaching out to our 24-hour human customer service team for assistance. You can contact them via email at [Email Address: feedback@valuecutsonline.com].

Update

I have received the refund. And their fake site is still up and running trying to cheat more people. 
    I wanted to thankyou a million times but its a shame that I can press the button just once :T
  • Bobbysoxx29
    Bobbysoxx29 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Think I've fallen for the same thing, how embarrassing  :(
    I've sent a couple of emails to feedback@valuecutsonline.com asking for a refund.  I'll see what happens over the next couple of days.  I did pay on my M&S Credit Card so hopefully I can go down the chargeback route if not otherwise successful.  :/
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    yummy-mummy-amy Posts: 1,074 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    not just mountain warehouse, m&s, wines direct, sports direct and pets at home all linked to the legginsoutsell website and is a scam
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure