How often do you win?

Options
I’ve been avidly comping since Sept 2023 putting in 2-3 hours per day of entering competitions (of all kinds) and I’ve not received many wins. I know by comping you’re not guaranteed to win anything but do people find this is normal or do they tend to have a bit more luck? 

I’ve won: 
tickets on radio (on air) 
a Christmas jumper (100 winners) 

Comments

• Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    10 years ago I was winning on average 1-3 prizes a week, now it is more like 1-3 a month IF I win at all.
    I used to commit to hours of entering though, at least 50 a day, sometimes up to 200.
    I don't enter as much but there are much more people entering and most competitions are on social media now and often smaller prizes. I usually say to people if they don't enjoy it, then not to bother, if it is money you are after, you are better earning it elsewhere.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • AC55
    AC55 Posts: 3,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    edited 12 January at 5:02PM
    Options
    On average around 2-3 a month if I'm putting in effort.
    The way I see it is while its high effort, the prizes I'm winning I wouldn't necessarily be able to afford out right or wouldn't be top of my list of priorities to buy. So by winning them its like being able to have a nice treat 😊
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,917 Forumite
    Options
    Even when I used to enter regularly (2010 to 2017) I doubt I ever spent even 20 mins a day entering, helped by a form filler, avoiding  daily competitions unless there was a daily prize and generally not entering for carp prizes or on carp sites and there is a lot of carp out there - used to average about 7 wins a month. Many decent sites stopped running or cut back significantly on prizes over the last 6 years or so.
  • Firegal
    Firegal Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In the last couple of years I have won about four or five a year, mainly from magazine dailies. I don’t enter social media comps, and I rarely enter the gleam comps or the “free” ticket ones.
  • Mariobug25
    Mariobug25 Posts: 294 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I average at maybe around 10-15 a month, mostly from instagram which I do LOADS on! Usually smaller things but there’s been an occasional biggy in there! 
  • pate-ci0
    pate-ci0 Posts: 2,590 Forumite
    Options
    I average at maybe around 10-15 a month, mostly from instagram which I do LOADS on! Usually smaller things but there’s been an occasional biggy in there! 
    Out of interest, how do you avoid an Instagram ban?
  • FernComping
    FernComping Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I comped years ago and won a few good things, Ive been back at it a week or so now so haven't had time for anything to end yet, but ive gone through every page and entered every competition I was interested in, so going forwards ill just need to have a quick check every day.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback