Reasonable company for over 70's travel insurance

Been on the comparison sites for travel to USA for a 73year old. Only visiting relatives. 1 medical condition of slight hypertension.All the cheaper companies that come up seem to have very bad reviews and companies that I recognise seem to cost the earth. Anyone recommend a reasonably priced company with good reviews ?

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,289
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 12 January at 1:34PM
    Parent has used Staysure, but you don’t know till you make a claim how good they are  going to be so that’s probably not a lot of help.
    But it is the States, so it will be more expensive.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,850
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I've used Avanti for pre-existing medical conditions. Not sure how they are on older clients, but I think it would be worth checking. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • patgc
    patgc Posts: 427
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Have heard of both of those, so will try them. thanks, Anymore recommendations appreciated
  • patgc
    patgc Posts: 427
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Ok, have gone with GetGoing Travel Insurance. Found them on the Payingtoomuch comparison site recommended by Martin, Have 4/5 star Trust Pilot reviews on over 7000 comments. Then went direct to their site and got a further 15% reduction, so easy enough to apply. Fingers crossed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback