ESA health assessment questionnaire

Options
Hi, I've been asked to fill in the dreaded questionnaire again in regards to my ESA claim. I've almost completed it and have photocopies of letter etc I need to enclose.

The issue is I can't fit everything into the envelope provided. Am i able to send it to the address on the envelope (Wolves address) using my own envelope? (I know I will have to pay the postage costs etc) also anyone else returned it using recorded or special delivery or just standard post? 

Thanks. 

Comments

• Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, as long as it gets there using your own envelope is fine.

I've heard of people sticking the front of the provided envelope to the new one, to still use the free postage.  (Might depend what weight the free postage goes up to, though.)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I use special delivery to return.
    Apart from anything else some very personal informaion in there!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Newcad
    Newcad Posts: 924 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 12 January at 1:24PM
    Options
    I print off the downloaded PDF version after filling it on the computer and that's too many pages for the envelope that they send with the paper form.
    So I use a larger envelope and sellotape the SAE all round to the front of it.
    (If you are afraid that it might come off then use stronger tape, or write the address on the big envelope and stick the SAE over the top of it).
    Then I take it to the PO counter and get free proof of posting.
    I regard signed for or special delivery a waste of money, they get a lot so sign for a sackful at a time and not for individual letters - so even their signature only proves that you posted it not that they recieved it. (It may not have been in the sack that they signed for).
    Think about it, if it takes 10 seconds to sign for each individual letter that's over quarter of an hour to sign for 100, nobody is going to waste time doing that.
  • mr662
    mr662 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Newcad said:
    I print off the downloaded PDF version after filling it on the computer and that's too many pages for the envelope that they send with the paper form.
    So I use a larger envelope and sellotape the SAE all round to the front of it.
    (If you are afraid that it might come off then use stronger tape, or write the address on the big envelope and stick the SAE over the top of it).
    Then I take it to the PO counter and get free proof of posting.
    I regard signed for or special delivery a waste of money, they get a lot so sign for a sackful at a time and not for individual letters - so even their signature only proves that you posted it not that they recieved it. (It may not have been in the sack that they signed for).
    Think about it, if it takes 10 seconds to sign for each individual letter that's over quarter of an hour to sign for 100, nobody is going to waste time doing that.
    Thanks for that advice. That's what I've done filled in on the computer as PDF printed it, after Inc hospital letters it approx 40+ pages in total. 

I've put it into a A4 envelope. Do you just stick the original A5 envelope as it is? onto the front of the larger envelope? 

Thanks for all the replies.
  • Newcad
    Newcad Posts: 924 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Yes, just seal the empty envelope and then stick it to the front of the larger envelope, it's never been a problem when I've done that.
    It's no different to sticking any other pre-printed/pre-paid address label to an envelope, you just have to provide your own 'sticky stuff'.

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,470 Forumite
    Options
    As a double check. The hospital letters & other stuff are copies & not original's?

As no matter what if it's lost, you will have to send again. So never send originals. 👍
    Life in the slow lane
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,430 Forumite
    Options
    As a double check. The hospital letters & other stuff are copies & not original's?

As no matter what if it's lost, you will have to send again. So never send originals. 👍
    Good point.  The OP does mention photocopies of letters though.

Also a reminder that this is one reason why taking a copy of the form (by whatever means - photocopy, taking a photo, typing up answers and saving them) is a good idea.  Also useful for the next time, if nothing much changes, but especially if the form were to get lost so you don't have to think about what to say all over again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback